Senior Grant Accountant
From farms to families, Fair Food Network (FFN) connects people to the power of food to grow community health and wealth. Our signature program, Double Up Food Bucks, serves as a national model for healthy food incentives by doubling the buying power of SNAP recipients, helping families bring home more fruits and vegetables while boosting business for local farmers. Through Fair Food Fund, our impact investing arm, we invest in early stage-entrepreneurs who are strengthening communities and local economies through food. Together, we are pioneering and proving innovations that can be owned locally and scaled nationally, for lasting change in communities across the country.
About the Role:
FFN is seeking a Sr. Grant Accountant who will be responsible for maintaining financial, accounting and grant support services in order to meet the needs of the organization and its donors. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate that values improvement and efficiency to bring their skills and experience to a savvy, growing nonprofit organization.
This position is responsible for providing post-award grant financial administration and related accounting duties, and will focus heavily on budgeting, compliance, reporting and variance analysis functions. The Sr. Grant Accountant will report directly to the Finance Director and will work closely with the program and development teams. The position will be based in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Perform grant-related post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, reconciliations, re-budgeting and grant closeout functions required by the Development and Program teams.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports to donors as required.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports on grants for internal management purposes.
- Work with Finance Director, Development, and Program teams in the development of forecasts, budgets and budget revisions for programs.
- Work with the Finance Director on cash flow forecasts for programs.
- Work with Finance team to review invoices and provide program funder information, when appropriate for proper project accounting.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis in response to requests or to provide support to various programs.
- Ensure compliance of grants with federal and internal policies/procedures and donor rules/regulations.
- Prepare and distribute periodic invoices for project reimbursement.
- Support required internal financial and program audits as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Professional training in accounting or another relevant field. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting, within a nonprofit organization
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and summarize financial records for accuracy and conformance to procedures, rules and regulations
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial managers
- Advanced proficiency QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel, experience with arrays and/or pivot tables strongly desired
- Strong administrative, organizational, and analytical skills; including attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to be unflappable in the face of competing deadlines, projects and priorities
- A collaborative style and ability to serve with a team orientation
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of federal grants and regulations, typically acquired with three to five years related experience
- Experience with governmental funded organizations
- Inspired and committed to FFN’s values and mission
- Experience working in a non-profit or start-up setting
- Ability to advance Fair Food Network’s next 10 years of impact
- Work with passionate, dedicated people, and apply your skills for social change
- A generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K match after 1-year, family leave, an open PTO policy, and professional development opportunities
- The salary range for this position starts at $54K, commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Please complete the brief application questions via the application form here. Candidates are able to display interest on an ongoing basis.