Food Network is looking for an experienced designer to join our growing communications team. Are you a skilled designer that thrives on translating conceptual ideas into eye-catching designs tuned to the needs of diverse audiences? Do you bring both serious design chops and solid project management? Are you ready to use your formidable skills to improve lives while powering creative design from brochures to online ads? Well then, read on.
The Designer will create memorable brand systems and meaningful branded collateral aligned with programmatic and development goals. This person will serve as an in-house designer and consultant to a national network of practitioners and also manage the look/feel and design assets for three brands: Fair Food Network, Double Up Food Bucks which connects with low-income Michigan residents, and Michigan Good Food Fund, which serves good food entrepreneurs.
The Designer will bring to the organization strong design work, excellent project management skills, and ability to interface with staff and partners to assess creative needs. This position will be part of the Communications Team, working closely with that team as well as program and fundraising teams.
About Fair Food Network:
From farms to families, Fair Food Network connects people to the power of food to grow community health and wealth. Our signature program, Double Up Food Bucks, serves as a national model for healthy food incentives by doubling the buying power of SNAP recipients, helping low-income families bring home more fruits and vegetables while boosting business for local farmers. Through Fair Food Fund, our impact investing arm, we invest in early stage-entrepreneurs who are strengthening communities and local economies through food. Together, we are pioneering and proving innovations that can be owned locally and scaled nationally, for lasting change in communities across the country.
- Create on-brand visual assets from conception to execution across multiple platforms including PowerPoint presentations, email campaigns, digital ads, website, social media platforms, and various marketing and print collateral.
- Work with Fair Food Network, Double Up Food Bucks, and Michigan Good Food Fund staff and partners to assess, plan, and create high-quality, on-brand marketing materials and digital assets.
- Serve as in-house design support and creative consultant for a growing national network of healthy food incentive practitioners.
- Lead the development of overarching look and feel of marketing materials for the Double Up Food Bucks program – creating inclusive designs that also account for ESL and/or low literacy.
- Lead work from creative concepting to print production, keeping multiple projects moving forward, on schedule, while responsively collaborating across teams.
- Conceptualize design concepts that can be applied across email, print, and digital channels and fine tune work to meet the needs of diverse audiences.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Able to execute within brand guidelines and enhance standards over time bringing trend forward insights
- Experience designing across platforms and mediums from PowerPoint presentations to social graphics and print materials
- Excellent typography skills
- Commitment to culturally competent design
- Proven project and print management with strong attention to detail
- Self-initiative and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to gracefully pivot when needed, prioritize competing priorities, and responsively collaborate across teams
- Photography skills
- Video editing skills
- Marketing design experience
- UX design experience and knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Experience with online project management and content calendars (Asana a plus)
- Desire to learn and continuously improve
- Deeply inspired Fair Food Network’s mission
- Work with passionate, dedicated people
- Apply your skills for social change
- Competitive, comprehensive benefits package including full health benefits, a 401K match, family leave, an open PTO policy, and professional development opportunities
This position can be based in either our Ann Arbor or Detroit offices with regular travel between offices. They will report to Fair Food Network’s Communications Director, Andi Nank, and be joined by two other new communications staff focusing on content and digital. Salary starts at $42,000 and is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please fill out a brief application form and submit your resume. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.